Thursday, September 27, 2012

Creativity Binges



A lot has changed in my life since I was a teenager, but one thing that has not changed is my late-night creativity binges. I can still remember, back when I was in high school, at the end of the day, after homework and dinner time, when I had gone to my room to settle into bed, I would get the itch to make something. I recall staying up until the wee hours of the morning, hand-sewing an outfit to wear to school the next day. Twenty years later, I still get bitten by that bug at the end of the evening, when I have settled into bed to unwind. Something about the still of the evening allows me to relax and have a quiet moment in which I am open to listening to that little voice of creativity that had probably been nagging at me all day. My favorite time of day is the evening. I look forward to hearing what my creative voice has to share with me. 

What is your favorite time of day to be creative? When do you get your best ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment